Sexual Behaviour As The Means


Order
Sexual behaviour has been changed and moulded into a revolution over the last 100 years. The changes in our societies have allowed the freedom of public displays of affection. Woman have also played a large part of the sexual revolution. They have gone from doing all that men want to asking men on dates. With this sexual freedom problems have arrived. Rape and sexual harassment have increased leaving us to ask questions. Is sexual freedom much better than sexual repression? Both Aldous Huxley’s novel Brave New World and George Orwell’s 1984 present the issues of sexual repression and freedom. Both authors examine how sexual behaviour are the means of order in society. ...

Want to read the rest of this paper?
Join Essayworld today to view this entire essay
and over 50,000 other term papers

keeping “social stability”(5) .This world of laboratory babies occurs only because of the engineering of the embryos before they are born. Approximately 75% of female embryos are dosed with a male sex-hormone to render them sterile(10).These embryos are then given the name “freemartins”(10). The other 25% of embryos are given pregnancy substitutes and wear fertility belts(34). Brave New World’s Controller for western Europe, Mustapha Mond believes, “everyone belongs to everyone else”(35). He believes family, monogamy, and romance lead to chaos in a society(35).The main female character in the novel Lenina, is looked down upon for having only one male partner in the last couple of weeks. Old world taboos are shot down in Brave New World and new ones are put in place. Children are watched and encouraged to have erotic play. Abnormal behaviour to the world controllers are those boys and girls who do not wish to play together. Early in chapter ...

Get instant access to over 50,000 essays.
Write better papers. Get better grades.


Already a member? Login

not allowed to respond intellectually to their government. They must love the Big Brother or be annihilated. The first sign of the sexual repression in 1984 is when the lead character, Winston has a dream. In this dream Winston dreams of a woman who had “thrown her cloth
aside”(31). This sensual moment becomes terrifying when he then dreams that with that one moment of careless dreaming the thought police would “annihilate him”(31).This dream is significant to the development of the fear the citizens of the Big Brother feels for him. The aim of the Party was to remove all pleasure from the sexual act (60). Sexual intercourse as Winston sees it is looked on as a ...

Succeed in your coursework without stepping into a library.
Get access to a growing library of notes, book reports,
and research papers in 2 minutes or less.


CITE THIS PAGE:

Sexual Behaviour As The Means. (2005, August 4). Retrieved April 24, 2018, from http://www.essayworld.com/essays/Sexual-Behaviour-As-The-Means/31095
"Sexual Behaviour As The Means." Essayworld.com. Essayworld.com, 4 Aug. 2005. Web. 24 Apr. 2018. <http://www.essayworld.com/essays/Sexual-Behaviour-As-The-Means/31095>
"Sexual Behaviour As The Means." Essayworld.com. August 4, 2005. Accessed April 24, 2018. http://www.essayworld.com/essays/Sexual-Behaviour-As-The-Means/31095.
"Sexual Behaviour As The Means." Essayworld.com. August 4, 2005. Accessed April 24, 2018. http://www.essayworld.com/essays/Sexual-Behaviour-As-The-Means/31095.
JOIN NOW
Join today and get instant access to this and 50,000+ other essays


PAPER DETAILS
Added: 8/4/2005 12:09:01 AM
Category: Miscellaneous
Type: Premium Paper
Words: 1311
Pages: 5

Save | Report

SHARE THIS PAPER

SAVED ESSAYS
Save and find your favorite essays easier

SIMILAR ESSAYS
Barbie As The Epitome Of Beaut
Sexual Themes In The Birdcage
The Unity Of The Mind And Body
A Comparison And Contrast Of Lo...
Is There Such A Thing As The Am...
Sexual Harrassment In The Milit...
A Comparison And Contrast Of Lo...
Into The Abyss Marquis De Sade
The Social Construction Of Rea
Responsibility And Duty As The
Copyright | Cancel | Contact Us

Copyright © 2018 Essayworld. All rights reserved